Published on March 9th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, March 9, 2019
Barbie (as in the doll) made its debut 60 years ago today. And when it comes to music news for March 9, 2019…
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- One of Donald Trump’s buddies took a huge financial bath on his investment in Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch.
- Here’s why the Jackson estate is suing HBO.
- And here are details on the British “Michael is Innocent” campaign.
- Here’s a look at what Spotify might have in store for its investments in podcasts.
- R Kelly says he’s down to his last $350,000.
- And his lawyer says he’s “guilty as hell.”
- Ice Cube really wants to buy local Fox Sports networks.
- More criticism about the reality portrayed by Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Drake is opening his new Toronto sports bar this month. It’s called Pick 6ix Sports.
- Kanye is being sued. Again.
- This bankrupt Canadian rock festival still owes
- It’s interesting that you can be jailed for in America for rap lyrics. Check out this story. (And this additional story via Tom,)
- More on Alexa’s so-called “DJ function.”
- And Alexa will help you buy tickets from Ticketmaster.
- Buffy Sainte-Marie is now in the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame. The story here.
- There’s a push to get The Prodigy’s “Firestarter” to number one in the UK in memory of late singer Keith Flint.
- There’s a new documentary called Bachman about, yes, Randy Bachman of The Guess Who and BTO. See the trailer here.
- This is a good: A brief history of Ontario Place. (Via Morgan)
- Spotify will soon come standard with millions of Samsung phones.