Love gadgets? Here are all the things unveiled at this weeks Google i/o conference. Meanwhile, over at the music news desk, here’s what’s happening on May 13, 2023.
- In a “favourite mom” poll, Beyonce was beaten by…Lois Griffin.
- Canadian Music Week is almost here. We have the lineup for the music festival.
- AI now allows us to bring voices back from the dead. But should we?
- Google has announced that they’re putting AI into just about everything.
- Those “leaked” new Frank Ocean songs online? Fake, created with AI.
- The numbers are in from Record Store Day 2023: They’re the best in 15 years.
- The first Beatles song to pass one billion streams is…
- These album covers are ugly. Proceed with caution. (Via Rick J)
- If you’re a fan of quiet-loud-quiet-loud rock, you should read this.
- We’ve had King Charles III for a week. According to Numeris data, about 7.6 million Canadians watched the coronation with 71% of them watching live. (Via Broadcast Dialogue)
- The Cure’s on tour. Here’s what’s happened so far.
- Podcast revenue is expected to reach US$4 billion in 2025.
- Quick follow-up on this week’s Westminster Dog Show: Country star Tim McGraw’s pup, a Bracco Italiano named Lepshi, won “best of breed.”
- YouTube is testing ad blockers.
- Facebook now has there billion users but many of them are old. Discuss.
- Speaking of which, whatever happened to Facebook’s dive into the metaverse? This.
- This is an updated list of all the stars who want to buy the Ottawa Senators. That includes Ryan Reynolds, Snoop Dogg, and The Weeknd.
- Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider has a novel. It’ll be out next month.
- Okay, so that was a weird conspiracy. I’m glad we know the truth.
- Well, this was awkward. (Via Tom)
- Webcam? Who needs a webcam when you one of these?
BONUS: Oh, great. Aliens are listening in on our cell phone calls.
BONUS BONUS: What about a video on Logan Roy’s 84th birthday done in the style of Arrested Development? Happy to oblige.