The loudest sound ever heard on Earth was an estimated 310 dB. What could possibly make that much noise? This. Now some music news for May 14, 2022.
- It’s official: Naomi Judd died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Meta, the parent company of Facebook, is opening its own store.
- God, I love the craziness of Eurovision. Here’s another example of why.
- Halsey is not well. Here’s an update on her health.
- Podcasting now makes up 10% of iHeart’s revenue.
- If you’re a songwriter, you’ll be interested in this new manifesto for song royalties.
- Wembley Stadium has added two “sensory rooms for neurodivergent fans.” This is what that means.
- Why wouldn’t the Osbournes agree to participate in the new Randy Rhoads documentary? It’s a mystery.
- A new court filing says that almost 5,000 people were injured at Astroworld back in November.
- What’s going on with Jon Bon Jovi’s voice?
- If you’re into vinyl, you may be thinking about getting into better stereo gear. Read this. (Via Mark)
- Snapchat is being sued for not paying royalties on music used on the platform.
- TikTok is rumoured to be hiring A&R executives. Interesting.
- This is a new application for tap dancing. (Via Sean)
- Are we about to get iPhones in space?
- Yep, I could have told you that.
BONUS: A new South Park movie is coming.
BONUS BONUS: Hah. (Via Tom)