Published on May 18th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, May 18, 2019
And how is your long weekend so far? Need some music news for May 18, 2019?
- The Eurovision finals are on today in Tel Aviv! Here’s what you need to know about the universe’s most batshit crazy music competition.
- These are my weekend music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- After all the drama and legal issues, no one’s going to invest in Woodstock 50, right? Well, yes, actually…
- Marilyn Manson is going to make an appearance in a new HBO series about a pope.
- Here are ten trends that will continue to shape the music industry.
- British music publications NME and Uncut have been sold to a Singapore-based company.
- This UK festival has banned selfie sticks and has asked attendees to put down their phones and just enjoy the music.
- Play a bar or a house concert? Here are the reasons why your band might want to do the latter.
- More raves for the Elton John biopic, Rocketman.
- Bad news for anyone hoping for a new album from System of a Down.
- And the bad press keeps coming for R Kelly. There’s been another serious allegation.
- This is a weird music-related Airbnb, don’t you think?
- These new wireless earbuds might be the biggest challenge to Apple’s AirPods–and they’re from Apple!
- More discussion on the rise of AI in art. Should artists panic? No.
- Google Translate seems to have figured out dialects.
- Want to make your music sound like it’s being played from a scratchy vinyl record? Use this plug-in.