It’s the American Memorial Day long weekend yet there’s still music news to report. Here’s what’s happening for May 29, 2021.
- TikTok is becoming even more of a priority when it comes to brands.
- This animation is a great summary of how the music industry evolved over 47 years.
- Germany is sending €2.5 billion to help its cultural sector recover from COVID. (Via Sean)
- Here’s a fun story on popular songs that we grew to hate.
- There’s a new dating site for people who have been fully vaccinated. It’s called Vaccidate and the slogan is “Give Love a Shot.”
- And this app called “Poparazzi” is billing itself as “the anti selfie selfie club.” [sic]
- And there’s this app called “Schmooze” which will match you with someone with a similar sense of humour.
- Glass Animals now have their own charity peanut butter.
- This podcast looks at the perils of naming your band.
- This year’s Pokemon Go Fest has a big music component.
- Who’s down with NFTs? Naughty By Nature, evidently.
- Almost no one (well, relatively) watched the Billboard Music Awards.
- This new film looks at the Beatles’ infamous trip to India in 1968.
- Drummer Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine needs knee surgery.
- Cool! A musical tour of Toronto’s Mount Pleasant Cemetery.
Need more news? Try here.