Note to some of my neighbours: Can you please take down your Halloween decorations. Do that after we go through some music news for November 13, 2021.
- This is a bit weird. A former mayor of Balitmore is now the spokesperson for Travis Scott following the whole Astroworld disaster. (Via Amber)
- Meanwhile, Drake–who was onstage with Travis Scott for part of his Astroworld set–went to a strip club the day after all this went down.
- There are more than 110 lawsuits connected to the Astroworld issue.
- Wait: Some indie artists are now being paid in Bitcoin? Yes.
- Gene Simmons of KISS ripped anti-vaxxers a new one.
- The story of the infamous Pirate Bay music piracy site is being turned into a TV drama.
- More and more people seem to be getting into spoken word audio. That would include podcasts.
- Speaking of spoken word material, Spotify just bought the audiobook company Findaway.
- Want to help out a “collaborative karaoke app?” Go here.
- What’s the best time to post your TikTok video so it has a chance of going viral? About 4 am.
- Need a DJ mix for tonight? Try this.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Life on Mars.