They may still be dead but these celebrities are still making lots of money. Meanwhile, the rest of us gotta keep working. At least we’re still alive, right? Here’s music news for November 5, 2022.
- Is Spotify looking to swallow up another streamer? Maybe.
- What happens if musicians start bailing on Twitter? Discuss.
- Musicians are finding it increasingly difficult to tour. Here’s an example of how hard it is.
- Like playing games? These are the ones that will keep your mind sharp.
- Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age is selling his Pink Duck Studios. (I’ve been there; it’s a cool place. I wonder why he’s selling?)
- Elton John’s newest partnership is with Roblox.
- This next big rock’n’roll memorabilia auction will include John Lennon’s glasses and a Kurt Cobain guitar.
- Into the New York indie rock of the early 00’s? Here’s a review of a documentary called Meet Me in the Bathroom.
- Speaking of documentaries, here’s one called Score which talks about writing music for movies. (Via Peter)
- How has streaming affected the value of music? Here’s a report.
- This is cool: The story of one of the very, very first radios installed in a car back in the 1920s.
- I had no idea there was this much money in being Boy George.
- Someone has defected from Kanye West’s weird school.
- Lollapalooza India 2023 is coming. Yes, India.
- Let’s look back on that debut album from Rage Against the Machine, shall we?
- Live Nation sold a LOT of concert tickets this year. A LOT.
- GOD NO!
BONUS: Here’s a clip from Liam Gallagher’s upcoming concert film.
BONUS BONUS: Best music tweet of the past week.