Random music news for Saturday, October 10, 2020
Hello, Newman. You do bring up some good points. More info in today’s round-up of music news for October 10, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: At least 11 music venues in Toronto have shut down because of the virus.
- Coronavirus update 2: Venues in Florida are confused about what to do.
- Coronavirus update 3: Maynard James Keenan of Tool is dealing with the aftereffects of the virus. He says he has “lung damage.”
- Music charts feature a battle between Van Halen and Fleetwood Mac. It’s 1978 all over again!
- Because you can never, ever have enough Joy Division, there’s a new podcast series.
- Tory Lanez has been charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion in the foot.
- Brazil has a real problem with fake streaming sites.
- Got tinnitus from too much loud music? Check this out.
- Mars is really, really bright in the night sky this week. You know who’s out there? Elon Musk’s Starman in his Tesla Roadster. He’s about 5 million miles from Mars right now.
- This app allows you to “create 3D worlds with your voice.” Wait–what?
- Wanna play chess with Wu-Tang Clan? Seriously.
- This guy is the biggest beatmaker on TikTok.
- Here’s an interesting contest: How would you like to be able to name a new song?
- What do you do when you’re in Bruce Springsteen’s band and you’re not touring? Maybe this.
- And in case you haven’t heard, Jack White is going to replace Morgan Wallen as the musical guest on SNL tonight.
One thought on “Random music news for Saturday, October 10, 2020”
Pingback: Random music news for Monday, October 11, 2021 - Alan Cross