Published on October 3rd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, October 3, 2015
It was on this day in 1986 that I reported for duty at CFNY in Brampton. It was also the day they had the sod-turning ceremony that began construction on the Skydome. And now, the music news…
- There’s a character in the upcoming Star Wars movie that was inspired by the Beastie Boys. He’s called “Ello Asty.” (Via Brent)
- Will Smith just released his first new song in a decade.
- Tool’s Maynard James Keenan plans to release his biography next year. But because we’re dealing with a Tool man, how much of it should we believe?
- God, it’s been a slow news week. This is the kind of non-news people are reporting. (Via Tom)
- Russia’s new anti-piracy: naming and shaming brands that advertise on illegal sites.
- Feel-your-age alert: It was 20 years ago that Oasis released (What’s the Story) Morning Glory.
- How many subscribers does Apple Music have after the 90-day free trial? “About 3.5 million,” according to a source.
- Rage Against the Machine’s bass player doesn’t think ISIS is real. And surprise: he didn’t believe that the moon landing actually happened. Seriously. He doesn’t.
- Tickets for Glastonbury 2016 go on sale Sunday. A whack of tickets are already sold out.
- So why did Adam Gonthier leave Three Days Grace? Let’s ask him.
- The Martian has a disco soundtrack. Will it be a hit like we saw with Guardians of the Galaxy?
- When Grace Jones holds a book signing, interesting things can happen.