Hey, whatever happened to Ronald McDonald? This. Once you’re over that shock, here’s music news for October 9, 2021.
- Ontario is removing capacity limits for concerts.
- Here’s more on the Tears for Fears reunion.
- For the first time in 50 years, the Rolling Stones have dropped “Brown Sugar” from their set. Is it because of the problematic lyrics?
- Speaking of The Stones, they say they managed to record some new tracks with Chairlie Watts before he died.
- Why are pop music stans so obessessed with metrics. Discuss.
- Let’s confirm this again: The singer with the greatest singing voice of all time was Freddie Mercury. Science says so.
- There’s been a change in the release of The Tragically Hip’s 30th annivesary release of Road Apples. The digital release will now be November 5. All physical box sets will be out November 12. (From an email I got from the label.)
- Google now comes with a guitar tuner. How convenient!
- Joe Strummer does The Ramones! (Via Tom)
- I LOVE this doorbell-type thing! (Via Danny
- Randy Bachman lost a guitar 45 years ago. He just found it.
- Apple has partnered with a lo-fi label.
More news? Check here.