Where were you 20 years ago today? If you were around, you’ll remember it as one of the weirdest days ever on planet earth. As for September 11, 2021, here’s what’s happening in music news.
- The children of Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme apparently wanted a restraining order against him. It’s the latest chapter in a volatile relationship with ex-wife Brody Dalle. Two separate judges have rejected that request for a restraining order.
- “The KID A MNESIA Exhibition.” Oh, Radiohead…
- The R Kelly trial continues. It doesn’t look good for Robert.
- Phil Collins’ health isn’t good as the result of persistant nerve damage. He can barely hold a stick.
- A new book on Eddie Van Halen features much of his story in his own words.
- This is cool: A site that helps you find a beat by SOUND, not words. Check out Airbit.
- Ever wanted to strip vocals from a song so you could become the singer? Try this app called Audiostip.
- I was on The Tully Show podcast. Listen here.
- Kings of Leon are the first band to send music NFTs to space. Uh, yay?
- Facebook now has some smart(ish) sunglasses with Ray-Ban.
- If you were ever a fan of the Sisters of Mercy, you should read this interview with frontman Andrew Eldritch.
- Into Led Zeppelin? This book looks at all the alternate artwork from around the world.
- Tom DeLonge reveals the secret to being able to play fast punk rock guitar: masturbation. Wait–what?
- What are the most pressing issues in music right now? This essay looks at that.
- TikTok has run into some issues with minors seeing things they shouldn’t see.
More News? Check here.