Published on September 22nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, September 22, 2018
Still in Vegas. No baby crying anywhere my room. No tiger in the bathroom. And there are no dead bodies under the bed. What am I doing wrong? All I can do is report on music news for September 22, 2018.
- Is there a podcasting bubble? Is it bursting? Gawd, I hope not.
- Suge Knight pleads guilty to manslaughter. That means up to 28 years in jail.
- Apple fans seem to really like the super-expensive new iPhones. And yes, there were lineups.
- Remembering Hole’s Celebrity Skin album on the 20th anniversary of its release.
- Do you know the rules of etiquette for metal music? If not, read this.
- This app can apparently make a budget set of headphones sound like a much more expensive model.
- American teens don’t use their smartphones for phone calls. But I think we knew that about teens.
- Interesting: How can an artist preserve the right to self-expression without alienating their fans?
- Why do these same songs keep coming up in movie trailers?
- Will Facebook release its video-equipped smart speaker next month? Looks like it.
- And Facebook’s new dating app has gone live in Colombia.
- If you miss Knight Rider, then you need to listen to this.
- Dallas Green’s City and Colour now has its own imprint under Dine Alone Records.
- Wanna buy Bjork’s penthouse?
- Elton John has a new multi-level deal.