Published on September 7th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, September 7, 2019
When people know that I’m driving somewhere, why do they kept texting me to ask if I’m close? I’M DRIVING! MAKE A PHONE CALL! Now that I have that off my chest, here’s music news for September 7, 2019.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Toronto major John Tory gave Robbie Robertson the keys to the city following the premiere of his doc at TIFF.
- Speaking of music films, there’s one coming on The Happy Mondays…
- …and don’t forget Liam Gallagher’s upcoming doc.
- If you’re in Ottawa, there’s a big library fundraiser today that involves a lot of vinyl.
- Nice talk, Noel.
- The latest company to jump into the wireless headphone market is Adidas.
- Could Billboard be getting ready to buy SoundScan? Because…
- …they just bought Nielsen.
- A home invader broke into Taylor Swift’s home in Rhode Island. He took off his shoes “to be polite.”
- How much mid-00’s music have you deleted? It seems to be a thing.
- Should your kids be listening to these podcasts?
- Delta Airlines is now offering ad-free Spotify podcast service for passengers.
- Need motivation when writing? This app will delete everything you have done if you stop writing for five minutes.
- Here’s a review of the Iggy Pop photo exhibit in Toronto this past week.
- Better than Spinal Tap amps that go up to 11? (Via Larry)
- This is positively TERRIFYING.
- Do you listen to any of these songs when you’re cleaning around the house?
- The US music market is set to hit US$10 billion for the first time since 2007.
- A great story on how Kevin Hearn of the Barenaked Ladies ended up paying tens of thousands for an art forgery.