At some point, the Hollywood writer’s strike will end and Bill Maher will return to work on HBO. He’ll have to answer to his writers for saying this. On to music news for September 9, 2023.
- Bruce Springsteen has canceled the rest of the E Street Band’s September tour dates because he’s fighting a peptic stomach author.
- Travis Barker has returned to Blink-182 and their tour restarted after wife Kourtney Kardashian’s medical emergency.
- Noel Gallagher has been banned from driving for six months over unpaid speeding tickets–which is a neat trick since Noel doesn’t have a driver’s license.
- There’s a big sexual abuse situation in the world of J-pop.
- Sonos has introduced a new portable Bluetooth speaker.
- Vancouver’s PNE Amphitheatre is going to be demolished (it’s 60 years old) and replaced with a brand new facility.
- Spotify is pushing back on an investigative report that says criminal gangs are using the platform to launder money.
- Tool fans may be interested in this.
- Another addition to box set season: 50 Years of Devo.
- What will it be like for U2 when they play the MSG Sphere in Las Vegas without Larry Mullen Jr? This.
- How many children, Pitbull?
- A woman went into labour during a Beyonce concert.
- When I was a kid with a transistor radio, I always tried to tune in WLS/Chicago. Here’s a story on that legendary station.
- Your car may soon ask about your sex life.
- Here’s a good story on Bernie Taupin, Elton’s John’s lyricist.
- Fewer and fewer people are starting podcasts these days.
- Grimes is having trouble with Elon.
BONUS: If you’re going to invite a llama to your wedding, make sure he’s a sharp dresser.
Posts from the funny
community on Reddit
BONUS BONUS: The Boys is the best thing that Amazon Prime has ever run. Now there’s a spin-off coming at the end of the month call Gen V. Here’s a bloody trailer. This is not X-Men.