Apollo 13 was launched on this day in 1970. Two days later, KA-BOOM! As for music news on April 11, 2019…
- Bob Dylan is now in the
whiskybusiness with a distillery in Nashville.
- Apple is apparently censoring songs in China that make reference to the Tiananmen Square massacre, the 30th anniversary of which is coming up in June.
- An iPhone that’s even more expensive? Possibly.
- WhatsApp may finally be coming to the iPad.
- Proof that the guys in Metallica are good charitable boys.
- If you’ve ever wondered why people still rabbit on about Joy Division, read this.
- Game of Thrones: the album.
- Kanye’s unreleased sneakers are selling for US$5,000.
- Open mic night has moved online. Take a look at this site called MicTurn.
- Mmm. Rum.
- Do you wear earbuds while driving? Better read this.
- Jim Jarmusch’s zombie movie (which stars Bill Murray, Iggy Pop, Tom Waits, among others) will open the Cannes Film Festival.
- We’re definitely in the golden age of rock documentaries and movies. See?
- What did we lose in the “accidental” MySpace purge? Will we regret it?
- Like Drake, The Weeknd is investing in esports.
- Beatles memorabilia is still selling for big bucks.
- Elvis may have left the building in Collingwood, Ontario.