Looking for a unique place to hold your wedding? What about this? Moving on to music news for April 13, 2023…
- Murray Acton of Dayglo Abortions is suffering from colon cancer and needs help. There’s a GoFundMe program. (Via John)
- The Who isn’t keen on touring North America again. Here’s why.
- George Thorogood has had to cancel some shows because of a “serious medical condition.” He needs surgery.
- The theme to Super Mario Bros will become the first video game music to be in the US Library of Congress.
- In which musical genres do we find non-binary and women best represented? You might be surprised.
- Is this a reliable mock-up of the iPhone 15? Could be.
- Interesting: Going forward, UK smart speakers must be able to play UK radio stations.
- Baby Shark: The podcast.
- This AI program seeks to replace human voiceover artists/narrators using “real human & emotion based voice over feature.”
- And analysts are starting to believe that AI will be a major threat to the music industry. Will no one save us from the robots?
- The latest country to think about banning TikTok? Vietnam.
- New to Radiohead? Then they might sound like this to you.
- Rihanna has overtaken Katy Perry as the most-followd woman on Twitter.
- Cheap headline: “Want to Get into Janet Jackson’s Pants?” But it’s meant to be taken literally.
- It’s been a slow week for music news, but this slow?
BONUS: Remembering the 8-track tape.