Random music news for Thursday, April 2, 2020
Note: Beach bodies have been canceled for 2020. That takes the pressure off, right? You can play with this umlat generator.
Now music news for April 2, 2020.
- Coroanvirus update 1: Live Nation has donated US$5 million for emergency funds for concert crews. More might be coming.
- Coronavirus update 2: Here’s how the virus is changing podcast listening.
- Coronavirus update 3: Guitarist Gary Holt of Slayer and Exodus has tested positive. So has folk legend Tom Rush.
- Coronavir update 4: Screamo kings Thursday are taking their unsold merch and turning it into hospital gear.
- Coronavirus update 5: Video chat is spiking. No surprise, really…
- Coronavirus update 6: The Foo Fighters have postponed more of their 25th anniversary tour.
- Coronavirus update 7: Canadian broadcasters are getting a big break on broadcast fees as advertising revenue craters during the crisis.
- Coronavirus update 8: NXNE has been postponed from June until August.
- Coronavirus update 9: Could concert attendance drop after all this is over? Maybe.
- Coronavirus update 10: Not funny, dude. Hadn’t you heard that April Fool’s was canceled this year?
- If you’re looking for some new music to explore, try these weird metal subgenres.
- Apple has been hit with a big copyright infringement lawsuit.
- Wait: The Public Enemy breakup was a hoax? Apparently.
- Fake drugs can work like real drugs. See?
- Steel Panther has a new guitar pedal called the “Butthole Burner.”
- Stressed? Sing yourself happier!
- For those who can’t get enough of Tiger King, here are Joe Exotic’s ten nuttiest music videos.
- And you know who was once asked by the Tiger King for an endorsement? Marilyn Manson.