This guy was protesting against the coronavirus lockdown policies. Wow. Just…wow.
And now, music news for April 23, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: The major labels are pledging to financially help musicians.
- Coronavirus update 2: The Vancouver Island MusicFest and the Edmonton Folk Festival are among more cancellations.
- Coronavirus update 3: We’re getting closer and closer to having the summer of 2020 canceled when it comes to live shows.
- Coronavirus update 4: With so many people stuck at home, why aren’t more people streaming music?
- Coronavirus update 5: The One World: Together at Home show from the weekend is now streaming as 79 separate performances.
- Coronavirus update 6: Spotify now allows you to tip artists directly.
- Coronavirus update 7: Country singer Jason McCoy has recorded a song with Jim Payetta (owner of the Barrie Colts) to raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts. (Via Jason)
- As Luke Skywalker says, “This is what happens when people have too much free time on their hands.” (Via Tom)
- Want to know the latest way songs are being written? Read this article on loop production.
- Astronomers discovered the merging of two black holes 2.4 billion light years away that sounded like the beginning of an Elvis song.
- This would be a big help for Canadian media companies.
- This is interesting: The lost art of listening.
- If you try the Pitbull yell without permission, you could be in trouble.
- Should we even open this debate?