On this day in 1975, Bill Gates and Paul Allen formed a new company called Microsoft. I hear it’s done well. As for music news on April 4, 2019…
- Provocative: Seven music industry standards that will disappear in the next five years. Discuss.
- Here’s a tool that will help figure out the gender distribution of your Twitter followers.
- Britney Spears has entered a mental health facility.
- STOP IT, FACEBOOK! JUST STOP IT!
- If you use SoundCloud, there’s a new iOS profile. (Via Tom)
- South Korea’s new 5G network is insanely fast! A whole movie can get sucked down in one second.
- Miley. Don’t do that.
- The 55 greatest insults ever laid down in the history of rock.
- British musicians are terrified of what lies ahead with Brexit. See?
- Thinking about illegally downloading another episode of Game of Thrones? You might want to think twice about that because of this
deepfakes: This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem.
- Fun: Five unsolved music legends.
- Red Bull Music Academy and Red Bull Music are shutting down this year.
- A jeweler spent 3,000 hours just making the case for one of Jay-Z’s watches.
- It looks like we’ll get new music from ABBA by the end of the year.
- Michael Jackson’s nephew is raising money to make a doc about his uncle.
- I really gotta go to New York City to see this exhibit on famous musical instruments.
- A couple of British songwriters have sued The Weeknd for plagiarism.