This is why some people shouldn’t have nice things. That’s not gonna buff out. Moving to music news for August 19, 2021…
- Here’s a scorecard of famous musicians who have been accused of being sex predators.
- Beatles producer George Martin once had a studio on the Caribbean island of Monserrat. It was destroyed by a volcano. There’s now a documentary on the place.
- Speaking of documentaries, here’s one on the Danish music scene. (Via Tendai)
- This woman claims to be married to Michael Jackson’s ghost.
- What is ABBA up to? This is interesting.
- In 1995, Keith Richards shot one of this guitars. With a gun. That guitar is now going up for auction.
- Blink-182 has been declared not liable for the injury to a security guard at a show in 2016.
- This is a look at the potential future for Spotify. It may be challenging.
- What’s up, Britney? I mean, what’s going on?
- The secret to the special sound of Stradivarius violins has been confirmed: It’s beetle poison.
- I love this idea from the UK: National Album Day.
- Sting got stung when he bought the wrong vineyard–but it all worked out in the end.
- Here’s our first good look at the 30th anniversary box set for Metallica’s black album.
- There is a lot of new Iron Maiden merch coming. See?
- The Canadian arts and entertainment scene has taken a real beaten from COVID. Here are some details.
More news? Check here.