This is a handy map that shows the cheapest prices for Apple products around the world. And this is a handy roundup of music news for August 3, 2023.
- It looks like all news in Canada will be removed from Facebook and Instagram with weeks.
- Snoop Dogg is now officially Skechy. (Yes, I spelled that right.)
- Muse vs. Malaysia.
- It’s one thing to be a hardcore Tool fan. It’s another thing to do this. (Via Tom)
- A study says that 27% of indie musicians are already using some form of AI tools.
- Lollapalooza is this weekend. Billie Eilish’s set will be solar-powered.
- Does anyone in the music industry really know anything? Maybe not. (Via Paul)
- Nice one, Tay-Tay. Good job. That’s a lot of well-deserved bonuses.
- Meanwhile, body-positivity promoter Lizzo is facing some sexual harassment accusations from dancers from one of her tours. It’s escalating, too.
- That’s a gruesome piece of band merch, don’t you think?
- Keith Richards’ 1972 Ferrari is up for sale.
- Air Canada is adding Apple TV+ to inflight entertainment systems.
- Here are more details on the relaunch of the print version of The NME.
- When it comes to the Hollywood writers/actors strike, musicians are hurting, too. Here’s why.
- Mud? We got mud.
BONUS: Admit it. This would be pretty cool. (Via Tom)