Published on August 30th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, August 30, 2018
Today is the 55th anniversary of the Washington-Moscow hotline that went into use after the Cuban missile crisis. And when it comes to music news for August 30, 2018, there’s once again quite a bit out there.
- Oh, Liam. What have you been up to?
- Does Donald Trump cause diarrhoea in musicians? Maybe.
- He’s certainly changed the way teens view the news.
- Facebook Watch? What’s that? (Hint: It’s not something you wear on your wrist.)
- Hey, should Apple buy Tesla? There’s an argument for that.
- Are Neil Young and Daryl Hannah married? They have been dating for four years.
- A good question: Will virtual reality concerts ever go mainstream?
- Some 60,000 tents were abandoned after the Reading Festival. Seems like a waste, doesn’t it?
- Well, we know which side Bono is on when it comes to Brexit.
- A Moroccan pop star has been arrested on sexual assault charges for the third time in eight years.
- Sure, it’s nice to have a hobby, but sheesh…
- Interested in watching Aretha’s funeral on TV? Go here for details.
- What can radio learn from what’s going on in the smart speaker world? Plenty, as it turns out.
- Now Bose has a smart speaker.
- The Spinal Tap court case is still turned up to 11.
- The new remix of The Beatles’ white album is set for release on November 22.
- What’s it like to manage The Rolling Stones? Very, very tricky.
- I think I want this TV.
- What’s this new #LoveMusic campaign the music industry has launched? Oh.
- Has your music start-up failed? Read this.
- If teens are cutting down on social media use, should the music industry be worried? Maybe.
- How’s Michael Jackson’s image doing these days?
- Avicii sold his house in California for $17.5 million just months before he died.
- Yes, the BTS brand of K-pop is HUGE.