Over US$80 million was spent on the Batgirl movie. Now it’s being junked because it’s “irredeemable.” And you thought you were having a bad day. Let’s try some music news for August 4, 2022.
- Have you seen the new Netflix doc on Woodstock ’99 yet? Looks worth it.
- Taylor Swift continues to be shamed over the use of her private jet.
- Prince’s family and advisors have settled his US$156 million estate. I wonder what that means for fans? Anything?
- Metallica’s Kirk Hammet wants to do horror movie soundtracks.
- And the Metallica/Stranger Things connection just keeps growing. See?
- What if you want to sample a Beyonce song? Read this.
- There’s a slow but discernable move towards something called “socially driven music.” Read about it here.
- A great question: What’s the next new format for music?
- Britney Spears’ memoirs are ready but publishing has been delayed due to a paper shortage. How long is this thing?
- BTS is going to release a cookbook. I want to see their recipe for bibimbap.
- Can you code a playable virtual ukulele using just 1 kilobyte? Turns out you can.
- Another person fell to their death at a concert while riding the handrail of an escalator.
- Sara Quinn of Tegan & Sara is a new mom.
- Does Nicki Minaj owe US$173 million in taxes?
- Winamp is officially back.
- RIP LA Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully at 94. He called games for 67 years.
BONUS: Earlier this week, Donald Trump endorsed some candidate named “Eric.” The problem is that he didn’t say which Eric. CNN wondered about that.