Published on August 8th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, August 8, 2019
- This diehard Tool fan is begging the band NOT to release their new album. This is why.
- A very important read for anyone concern with Canadian music: Is CanCon compatible with the age of streaming?
- As usual, the Annual Gathering of the Juggalos ended up with everything on fire.
- So far this year, nine out of the ten most-viewed music videos on YouTube are in languages other than English.
- The original Woodstock was a weird time for Carlos Santana. Here’s why.
- Want to know how hits are discovered and promoted? Read this.
- Another music-making AI. Should we be afraid?
- Not music-related, but interesting: Tinder now has 5.2 million subscribers.
- With some on the American right blaming video games for acts of violence (like mass shootings), a recent study found that there was a 226% increase in reported hate crimes in counties that hosted a Trump rally in 2016.
- Speaking of gun violence, more and more artists are speaking up on the subject.
- Sheryl Crow used to sing backup for Michael Jackson. What does she have to say about the paedo controversies that surround him? This.
- The whole A$AP Rocky vs. Sweden thing proves that the world is now totally batshit crazy. Discuss.
- Noel Gallagher says he’ll sell the Oasis masters to the highest bidder so he can “buy a plane, a yacht, and a chimp with a top hat with the money.”
- Can’t say I feel bad for this creep.