Headline of the week: “Reality TV Star Made $70,000 In A Week Selling Her Farts To Strangers.” Good entrepreneurship. But who’s buying? Meanwhile, in music news for December 17, 2021…
- People are being executed in North Korea for listening to K-pop.
- UK venues are reporting “catastrophic” declines in audiences since Omincron appeared. (Via Sean)
- Dogs have favourite Christmas songs? Apparently.
- Coachella sues Coachella in Coachella.
- A 56-year-old acetate recording by David Bowie is expected to sell for big dollars at an auction in England today.
- MIDEM, one of the longest-lasting music conferences ever, is done after 55 years.
- Crazy Frog. He’s back. And he’s having issues.
- Billie Eilish: Not a fan of porn.
- The body of a missing member of The O’Jays has been found. It was a cold case that stretched back almost 40 years.
- Ken Kragen, the organizer of the “We Are the World” chartity single, has died at 85.
- So why did KISS cancel their Las Vegas shows? This.
- OMG. Look at the tracklisting for the upcoming album by The Wiggles. AC/DC? Dropkick Murphys? Fatboy Slim?
- Shatner in Space: The documentary.
- Into photography from the early days of punk rock? Check this out. (Via Andrew)
- Primus is going on tour with a tribute to Rush.
More news? Check here.