Is anyone still working? Or have we all bailed for the holidays? Is there still music news to be reported for December 23? Yes. Yes, there is.
- Spotify has a new downtown campus in LA that’s being referred to internally as “Pod City.” It features 18 podcast studios, a theatre, an indoor stage, and places for musicians to goof around with vintage instruments.
- Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer.
- Touring bands are apparently struggling to make money selling merch on tour.
- Kate Bush released a Christmas letter to fans.
- This rapper was shooting a music video when she was bitten by a snake.
- Alice Cooper paid a visit to a food bank to serve food to young children. Nice.
- A $5.1 billon defamation lawsuit filed against Drake by someone who broke into his home in LA has been dismissed.
- Ringo Starr has a Beatles book coming February 14.
- Here are another ten predictions about where the music industry will go in 2022.
- That’s an interesting doctored picture. Right, Iron Maiden? (Via Tom)
- Stevie Wonder bought this Bel Air mansion from a Saudi Prince.
- This was the year of junk internet trends. Let’s start with the short-lived sea shanty craze.
- The Pogues’ Shane MacGowan–a frail dude at the best of times–made a public appearance after breaking his knee.
- Steve-O of Jackass fame is launching his own XXX-rated site.
- The world’s first text message just sold for £90,000. It read “Merry Chrsitmas.”
BONUS: Ever needed a YouTube video to fix something? (Via Walter)
More news? Check here.