Back in my parents’ basement for a couple of days on the annual Xmas visit. Interesting that all Mom has to offer is leftovers. I’ll just sit here on the couch and look for fresh music news for December 27, 2018. It’s tough, but there’s still stuff to report.
- Which musicians died in 2018 (so far)?
- Wait: The guy who played that slinky guitar on Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” has died.
- Unless Michael Anthony is actually reinstated to his rightful position as
bassplayer, I ain’t buying anything about this V-H reunion business.
- A Russian official says that Pussy Riot was completely right about slave
labourbeing used at a women’s prison.
- This is a list of one-man-bands who didn’t need anyone else to make music.
- Looking for new music? Try Eishin Watanabe, a Japanese Buddhist monk, and his reggae band, Eishin & The
- My friend Phil got a new Alexa smart speaker over the holidays. So did a lot of other people, apparently.
- Peter Hook is selling off a lot of his old Joy Division stuff.
- The house where All That Remains guitarist Oli Herbert died looks like it’s going into foreclosure.
- Punk Rock Realty? Okay, I’ll bite. (Via Michael)
- No, it isn’t, Drake.
- More brain surgery guitar. That is, playing guitar during brain surgery. By the patient.