Long flight back home today (Bali-Singapore-LA-Toronto) with no stopovers. And all in regular economy, too. I’ll need a chiropractor as soon as we land. I did managed to compile some music news for December 8, 2022, along the way, though.
- Outraged by Kanye’s crazy antisemitism and want his music pulled from all streaming platforms? There’s a petition.
- If you’re an Apple Music user, you’ll want to find out your listening habits for 2022. Here’s how.
- Speaking of Apple, they’ve got a new karaoke-like feature with Apple Music.
- One more: The Apple Car–yes, it’s still in development–might show up in 2026.
- Pogues’ singer Shane MacGowan has been hospitalized. He hasn’t been well for a while.
- Oh gawd. The Nevermind baby lawsuit just won’t go away. There have been new developments.
- Jim Stewart, the founder of Stax Records, has died at the age of 92.
- Deadmaus has just made some good money from getting into the metaverse verse. Here’s how.
- Why are the most popular Christmas songs sad and slow?
- It’s been an interesting year for Spotify for at least 17 reasons.
- So you wanna be a TikTok star, do you? Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- That time in 1972 when Neil Young went into a record store and found a Neil Young bootleg…
- This article looks back on the enormous influence of the Sony Walkman. (Via Andrew)
- If you’re an artist and you’re ready to start a fan club, here are some tips.
BONUS: You gotta watch this all the way to the end. I’ve never seen anything like it.