Video games that spy on us? Oh, dear. Worry about that after you take in some music news for February 10, 2022.
- Interesting read: “In Their Own Words: Why Artists are Leaving Spotify.”
- And then there’s this: “Spotify’s Quest to own Your Ear.” (Via Bobby)
- Here’s a story on the changing world of A&R at record labels.
- Live music’s “plan B.” What is that, anyway? Is there one?
- Meanwhile in Florida, there’s a drunk Mick Jagger imposter causing problems.
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard’s widow wants royalties from Wu-Tang Clan.
- And even though everyone in the Jimi Hendrix Experience is long dead, their estates are still fighting over royalties.
- What the hell is going on with the Bored Ape Yacht Club? Here’s a history of one of the world’s weirdest NFTs.
- The biggest app download of 2021? TikTok.
- If you need endangered monkeys to mate, this might work.
- Another physical magazine goes away. Goodby Entertainment Weekly, print edition.
- This is a very, very weird radio glitch.
More news? Look here.
BONUS: Imagine if this were your gig. How do you get into such a line of work, anyway?