Published on February 14th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, February 14, 2019
Valentine’s Day. Yuck. Sorry. I’ll focus on music news for February 14, 2019 instead.
- Ozzy is officially out of the ICU and is now breathing on his own. Crikey, Ozzy, you scared us.
- Oh, dear: Ryan Adams and #MeToo allegations.
- Yeah, the TV ratings for the Grammys sucked. Big time.
- Wanna buy Lars Ulrich’s mansion in San Francisco? Only US$12 million.
- So Michael Anthony IS rejoining Van Halen? I’m so confused.
- Identify theft is the newest thing in music piracy.
- Spotify is really going after Apple when it comes to podcasts. Again, this is war.
Stillwith Spotify, I just got this book: Spotify Teardown: Inside the Black Box of Streaming Music. The company is NOT happy about it.
- New gear from Apple next month? That’s the
- Frank Zappa is going on tour–as a hologram. Dates have been set.
- Meanwhile, Avril Lavigne would like to emphasize she’s not dead and has not been replaced by a body double.
- Ever heard of an app called TikTok? If you’re an artist, you’d better pay attention.
- A new study says that 16% of Americans now own a
- Fornite vs. the dance moves lawsuit. Is it me or is this just silly?
- The upcoming film on Norwegian black metal set in the 1990s is apparently pretty intense. In fact, there are people who want
Lordsof Chaos banned. Can’t wait to see it.
- Do you make YouTube videos? Want some insight on what makes a video successful? Read this.
- An interesting question: When does the average person lose interest in discovering new music?
- The World Health Organization wants to limit the volume in nightclubs to keep people from going deaf. Some suggestion that earplugs are as important as condoms for a night out.
- Grandmaster Flash and Sophie Mutter have won the 2019 Polar Music Prize.
- How much does Dave Grohl like Billie Eilish? This much.
- Here’s a fond look at the music of 1994.
Youknow what’s messing up the acoustics of our forests? Hungry deer.