THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! Fox is bringing an animated version of Bloom County to TV! Long live Opus and Bill the Cat! Now that I’ve got that out of my system, here’s music news for February 16, 2022.
- Rudy Giuliani thinks that Eminem should leave the US for kneeing during the Super Bowl.
- Google just kicked Facebook/Meta when its down. Looks good on Mark Zuckerberg!
- A provocative read: “Is Rock and Roll Dead?“
- How can concert safety be improved in the wake of the Astroworld disaster? The industry is talking about it.
- Meanwhile, there will be no COVID precautions at Coachella.
- But then there’s Snoop who sold US$44 million worth of “stash box” NFTs in just five days.
- Justin Bieber is now a hero to Tim Hortons. And no wonder!
- Coachella has sold US$1.4 million in NFTs for the festival.
- Apple Music seems to have struck gold with their Spatial Audio format.
- A biography of Eddie Van Halen is coming in the spring.
- Getting married this year? Don’t fall for these misunderstood love songs. (Via Mark)
- Hard to believe that Weezer has been around for 30 years now.
- Billboard has announced some new weekly world charts for singles.
- The Prime Minister of Sweden is a big System of a Down fan and spins their music at parties.
- Aerosmith has entered into a new licensing agreement that looks interesting.
- If you’re a Beatles fan, this new podcast looks interesting.
- Here’s everything everyone knows about the upcoming return of Beavis and Butthead.
- Bon Jovi is selling this place in NYC for just US$22 million.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Anyone remember this thing? (Via Alex)