Well, someone had to do it, I guess. Thank you? And you can thank me for music news for February 16, 2023.
- The science is in: This is the happiests song EVER.
- Metallica has sent US$250,000 to aid the victims of the Turkish earthquake.
- Rejected by a record label? Chin up. These artists suffered rejection, too.
- De La Soul was kept off streaming services because of all the samples in their music. Now their catalogue is available. What’s changed?
- Who has a bigger share of streaming, major labels or indies? Think carefully before you answer.
- Well, that’s an interesting song subject, eh Lana?
- Are you recording the sounds of your travel moments? Maybe we all should.
- This school has an interesting Depeche Mode tradition.
- This is certainly an odd radio contest.
- If you’re a musician, don’t do these things on social media.
- “November Rain” by Guns N’Roses has now passed two billion views on YouTube.
- I wrote this about music and hearing health for Professional Sound magazine. Heed these warnings!
- Is this the most metal of all video game soundtracks? Maybe.
- Perhaps we should read the “terms and conditions” on Live Nation’s website more carefully.
- Is Richie Sambora going to reunite with Bon Jovi. It’s starting to feel like it.
BONUS: I’m not entirely sure what’s going on here, but…