Random music news for Thursday, February 2, 2023
According to people who study such things, Bill Murray was caught in his Groundhog Day loop for 33 years and 350 days. Today’s music news for February 2, 2023, is a one-time-only thing.
- Universal is teaming with Tidal to create a “more artist and fan-friendly” streaming model. I wonder what that will look like?
- The latest song to benefit from being in a hot TV show is “Long Long Time” by Linda Rondstadt, which showed up in HBO’s The Last of Us.
- Who didn’t see this coming?
- We now have a logo and slogan for Eurovision 2023.
- Ad spending on Twitter dropped by 71% in December. No problem, right Elon?
- A foldable iPad could be ready by next year.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show 50th-anniversray NFTs. I know you’ve been dying with antici…………………………………………………..pation.
- Jerry Garcia’s relatives aren’t happy with the cannabis industry in California. They’re pulling out.
- If you’re going to play in an arena where Jeff Bezos and Amazon have influence, better not make fun of Jeff Bezos–or else.
- Well, this has to change.
- More on the whole “nepo babies” discourse. It’s worth a watch.
- The romance of Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson was broken up by…Borat? Apparently.
- Rihanna is playing the Super Bowl halftime show. Apple has re-released her catalogue in Spatial Audio ahead of that.
- AI can now write Drake lyrics.
- The mystery of the missing rappers.
BONUS: Radiohead’s In Rainbows, Mario 64 style.