Published on February 21st, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, February 21, 2019
This is the 71st birthday of NASCAR. As for music news for February 21, 2019…
- Just when we thought the Jussie Smollett story couldn’t get any weirder, it does. He’s been arrested. Here’s the mugshot.
- Imagine Dragons are the new Nickelback. Discuss.
- Once you’re done with that, discuss this list of the 25 best female drummers of all time.
- Remember when Morrissey said he wouldn’t tour Canada until we banned the seal hunt? Yeah, about that…
- Behold Samsung’s foldable phone.
- Samsung also announced this.
- Interesting stat: Spotify averages 2.5 million simultaneous streams. That’s a lot of bandwidth.
- Viola Smith, the ground-breaking drummer, is still going at age 106.
- Need to relax? You might want to investigate Japanese ambient.
- Damn teens. They’re pulling their parents away from radio over to streaming.
- Some people aren’t happy with the redesign of Spotify’s mobile app.
- There’s a growing gender gap in pop music in
favourof women. This is good, right? Yes, but…
- I don’t recall anyone clamoring for a Mike + The Mechanics reunion, especially one involving Phil Collins.
- Here are the key dates for the 2019 Polaris Music Prize: (1) Long List announced June 20; (2) Short List announced July 16; (3) Gala event at the Carlu in Toronto September 16.
- How’s this for a concert hall?