Published on February 26th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 26, 2015
Off to Vancouver today through Saturday. Need some fresh cedar plank salmon.
- Deaf rappers? Yes. And they’re fighting to be heard in a world of sound.
- Ozzy is a grandfather for the fifth time.
- At least KISS has the guts to admit that they use backing tracks when they play live. Unlike some people.
- Noel Gallagher on how Noel Gallagher invented Oasis.
- Nearly half of all YouTube channels have something to do with music.
- The Robin Thicke/Pharrell trial over “Blurred Lines” has begun in Los Angeles.
- Here’s studio footage of U2 working on “Every Breaking Waves” in the studio. (Via Larry)
- Can you wank to the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack? SPOILER: No.
- Speaking of which, this guy licensed his music to the soundtrack thinking that it was a rom-com.
- Lady Gaga has a role in American Horror Story. Just to be clear, I’m speaking of the TV show.
- In a totally unnecessary development, scientists have created “Bach for cats.”
- Guitar Hero is coming back.
- The Robin Thicke/Pharrell “Blurred Lines” trial continues: Day 2.
- A Canadian boxer is now being managed by the frontman of the Dropkick Murphys.
- John Cusack is involved in a bio-pic of the Beach Boys.
- Bono’s daughters are already hanging out at Hollywood parties.
- Unearthed: a Frank Sinatra selfie.
- There’s a big lawsuit involving Steven Tyler and American Idol. Not that too many people care, mind you…
- And Scarlett Johansson’s new band has been hit by a cease-and-desist order.
- If you like Lego, you’ll like this dancing CEO. Everything is awesome, indeed.