- Sony Music had a MONSTER quarter. Once again, revenue was driven by streaming.
- YouTube ad revenue in 2021 grew by 46% to US$28.8 billion.
- Spotify gave a financial report yesterday. Subscriptions, users, and revenue are up.
- Coachella is offering lifetime special access to the ultrarich using NFTs.
- The video for “Bring Me to Life” from Evanescence has blown past one billion views on YouTube.
- We apparently spent 70% of our time on mobile devices on social media.
- There’s a lost Snoop Dogg dog.
- Police in Pakistan want this mobile game banned.
- Adele says that she WILL perform at The Brits after initially pulling out.
- Stressed? Try these piano pieces.
- Troy Carter, Lady Gaga’s one-time manager and a tech futurologist, has these predictions for the future of music streaming.
- SONOS headphones? Maybe.
- Should you ever find yourself in LA, here are some rock and metal landmarks you might want to visit. (Via Tom)
- A vintage record led to the arrest of a “most wanted” fugitive.
- The rock photographer and the Jewish bakery: This is weird.
More news? Look here.
BONUS: You. Have Got To. Be. S****ing. Me.
BONUS BONUS: What if Deep Purple’s “Smoke on the Water” had been performed in the 1920s?