Today is the 90th birthday of Popeye the Sailor Man. As for music news on January 17, 2019…
- I’m glad to see that I’m not the only person who thinks the whole cassette revival thing is total rubbish. See?
- HMV UK just might have found a savior.
- The Great Toronto AirPod War. Wait–what?
- Rihanna is suing…her dad?
- This guy had a stroke at age 63. Now he’s a rap star.
- Are you overwhelmed by the number of podcasts out there? You’re not alone.
- Black Sabbath’s hometown of Birmingham plans to
honourthe band with…a park bench?
- R Kelly’s record label has placed a freeze on all of his future releases. Maybe finally they’ll wake up.
- On the same topic, why does Chris Brown still have a career?
- Corey Hart will be inducted into the Juno Hall of Fame.
- The blind piano tuner of Toronto.
- Why did Apple buy this company that acts a lot like a record label?
- What do you listen to in the car? It’s changing.
- Here’s another new app that will curate music for you based on your mood.
- Smart speaker ownership just keeps growing and growing.
- Talk about a hit single from beyond the grave…