Random music news for Thursday, January 20, 2022
Japan. Panda butts. That is all. Moving to music news for January 20, 2022…
- Fun fact: It was 40 years ago that Ozzy bit the head off a bat.
- Some venues in the US are reporting 50% no-shows because of COVID.
- I love this growing beef between Kanye and Pete Davidson. This should be funny.
- Can you steal a guitar by shoving it down your pants? Yes. Yes, you can.
- The pandemic is really taking its toll on artists in the form of digital burnout.
- Remember Jon Schaffer of the band Iced Earth? He was one of the people who stormed the US Capitol last year. He’s still in trouble with the law.
- A music leak on TikTok? Seems inevitable now.
- Here’s a different look at Rush’s career. (Via Walter)
- Spotify code tattoos? They’re a thing.
- As someone who has suffered greatly with multiple kidney stones (and many surgeries), I can empathize with Aaron Lewis of Staind.
- Got a Peleton? The company has just licensed David Bowie’s entire catalogue.
- Just in case you’re getting geared up for the Pam and Tommy biopic...
- People were walking through New York when they chanced upon Bill Murray singing.
- Besides song catalogues, what else are big corporations buy? Merch companies.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: They paid this woman to do this AGAIN. No thanks.