Random music news for Thursday, January 21, 2021
Dinosaur butts. That is all. Now let’s look at music news for January 21, 2021.
- Drake is the first artist to pass 50 billion Spotify streams.
- Among Donald Trump’s final pardons were Lil Wayne and Kodak Black.
- You know Korn’s logo? It was designed in the most simple way. Who knew?
- Fall Out Boy played at Joe Biden’s inauguration. Watch their set here.
- Heard of Clubhouse yet? It’s an AUDIO social media platform.
- British performers continue to push for a “musician’s passport” so they can easily tour the EU. The government isn’t listening. And Roger Daltrey isn’t happy, either.
- With all those companies buying up song catalogues, how are they ever going to make their money back? Here are a few hints.
- Someone’s not happy with Bob Dylan selling his song catalogue.
- Van Morrsion, COVIDIOT.
- A good read: The harsh reality about the music business.
- The Madden brothers from Good Charlotte just scored with Live Nation buying their successful livestream company.
- Rolling Stones…chocolate bars? They’re called Brown Sugar, of course.
- Here’s the story of my colleague Kolter at 102.1 the Edge. He’s been fighting cancer.
- “Are Music Charts a Thing of the Past?” Discuss.
- This is a cool new app for synth fans.