Published on January 3rd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, January 3, 2019
It won’t be long until the Christmas shopping credit card bills start coming in. It’s the most un-wonderful time of the year.
- Like New Year’s predictions? Here are ten regarding the business side of music.
- And here are six more.
- There’s still precious little to report on the death of Walk Off the Earth’s Mike Taylor. Here’s a summary of what we know.
- It’ll be interesting to watch Apple stock today as a result of yesterday’s revised guidance.
- Coachella has started announcing its 2019 lineup. Here’s what we know so far.
- But Kanye won’t be at Coachella because he says organizers wouldn’t allow him to build his own stage.
- Twisted Sister might go after an Australian politician for co-opting “We’re Not Gonna Take It.”
- Hot gossip: Did Madonna get butt implants?
- Best leave your phone in your pocket when you go to a Rob Zombie show.
- Over a million people have signed a petition to have a SpongeBob song performed during the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Mike Tyson–yes, the boxer–has plans for a cannabis-based music festival.
- Here’s a list of some of the weirdest music gear released in 2018. What will the new year bring?
- Here’s why big stars release Christmas albums: Michael Buble’s Christmas has now sold more than 12 million copies.
- A freak Caribbean storm made it weird for Jared Leto’s New Year’s Eve party.
- Hedley’s Jacob Hoggard is still facing sexual assault charges. Still, he got married New Year’s Eve.
- Chance the Rapper is a hero after pulling an unconscious man from a burning car.
- Interested in how AI can be used to make music? Take a look at Boomy.
- Fun: Bad Lip Reading takes on Apple product launches.
- More spawn for Kimye.
- Finally, we can all use more Elvis sightings, right?