Expecting to die one day? Go to Mars! On that cheery note, here’s just news for July 1, 2021.
- Is this the world’s greatest record store? Maybe. (Via Mark)
- Are teenage girls in charge of music again? Maybe.
- And here’s something that concerns me: Streaming is breaking the bond between music fans and artists.
- The final USS tour is turning out to be so popular that more dates are being added, including in Ottawa.
- There’s a two-day Neil Peart tribute coming up in the UK this August.
- This new Sesame Street song is designed to help Asian children who are being bullied. (Via Sean)
- The new Halsey album has been produced by…Trent Reznor? Yep.
- Can ultrasound help us open our minds? Some people think so. (Sean again)
- The Hoff. Again. (Via Larry)
- How MTV stopped playing music.
- It was inevitable that we’d see this kind of TV show involving an “influencer” competition.
- Interested in Metallica’s upcoming reissue of the “black” album? Go here.
- The Weeknd is getting his own HBO drama.
- Things apparently got real weird in Mumford & Sons before banjo player Winston Marshall quit.
- Facebook has a new newsletter application called Bulletin.
More news? Try here.