Published on July 11th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, July 11, 2019
How long do you think it’ll be before we see the first back to school flyers and commercials? I give it a week. Meanwhile, immerse yourself in music news for July 11, 2019.
- Just because you’re in a wheelchair doesn’t mean you can’t mosh. See? (Via Tom)
- Metallica has a children’s book? Yep.
- Yeezy’s sneaker empire is worth how much?
- New music from Green Day next week? That is the rumour.
- A teddy bear record label? Yes.
- “Have smartphones destroyed a generation?” Discuss.
- A brief history of art rock.
- Radio listening in the US has gone up. Good.
- Interesting: The relationship between people with autism and live gigs.
- Seal on the beach! (You’ll see what I did there.)
- If you use Apple Music, you might want to look at this unauthorized app.
- Nicki Minaj would like to talk to her fans after she canceled a gig in Saudi Arabia.
- Jay-Z is getting into the legal pot business. Logical, given his past as a drug dealer.
- They don’t make ’em like Lydia Lunch anymore. She’s got a new book, too.
- These are the biggest-selling vinyl records in the UK so far this year.