Published on July 18th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, July 18, 2019
The speaking tour continues. Tonight I’m in Kamloops. If you’re in the area, come on out. Details here.
- Give it up, Woodstock 50. Just give up. The festival is not gonna happen. I know it. You know it. Everybody knows it.
- How big is metal in Finland? One percent of the population turned out to see Metallica.
- Sony, one of the three major labels, just bulked up.
- West Palm Beach, Florida, has weaponized “Baby Shark” against the homeless.
- “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol was played on British radio more than any other song over the last twenty years.
- More rare Beatles photos.
- Wanna buy Dr. Dre’s house? It’s for sale.
- A woman who was injured by a thrown beer bottle at a Drake concert in 2016 is now suing…Drake!
- Apple’s move into original podcasts has a lot of people talking. See?
- AC/DC is back on Facebook for the first time in two years with this post.
- This Toronto startup is testing an app that will allow a dance crowd vote on which song the DJ should play next.
- Is this how we’ll stream music one day? Don’t count it out.
- There’s a new horror movie called Death Metal. Interested in crowdfunding it?
- A new survey says that kids in the US and the UK would rather be YouTube stars than astronauts.