Published on July 19th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, July 19, 2018
On this day in 1977, the first GPS signal was broadcast from a satellite. It was a 100% military thing back then, but now… Here’s some music news for July 19, 2018.
- Health Canada says it’s “concerned” about cannabis companies sponsoring music events.
- Here are some encouraging stats about podcast listening in Canada.
- Tom Petty sings from beyond the grave.
- It was 25 years ago this week that the Tragically Hip launched their Another Roadside Attraction festival.
- That is one BIG speaker!
- This is one cool find! (Via Tom)
- The iPhone IX could come with a fast charger.
- Latin singer Marc Antony just forked over $19 million US for this mansion.
- Chris Shiflett is planning to sell a whack of guitars from his private collection.
- Radiohead is getting great reviews on their current tour.
- Research I discovered: The average Brit between the ages of 15-24 spends 33% of their weekly “audio time” listening to live radio, 29% streaming music, 18% listening to their own digital music and 9% using music video sites. Music streaming now takes up 8% of all UK listening.
- More news on how Green Day’s American Idiot is doing well in the Age of Trump.
- Is Walmart thinking of getting into streaming? It looks like it.
- Is this what’s happening with the theme to the next James Bond movie?
- More love for the contributions of the BBC’s Radiophonic Workshop.
- Dennis Rodman wants to take Kanye West to North Korea. What could possibly go wrong?
- If you’re making a music video, don’t do this.
- Toyota’s investment in music festivals seems to be paying off.
- Imagine trying to get a dinner reservation at this place.
- How can Billy Joel play Madison Square Gardens this many times?