Apple Pen. And this has nothing to do with an iPad. Music news for July 20, 2023, is much more sane.
- Here comes the music industry’s war against AI-generated songs. Look out, streaming services.
- Creed has officially reunited.
- TikTok has signed a big music licensing deal with Warner. What could this portend?
- An interesting list: The real people who inspired big songs.
- Notice the change to Facebook’s “Watch” tab? It’s now called “Video.”
- Rapper Travis Scott has been banned by Egypt from performing at the Pyramids of Giza.
- This hard-rockin’ all-woman band from Mexico should probably be on your radar.
- I did not know this about Pink Floyd’s “Time” from Dark Side of the Moon. (Via Rick J)
- Here’s the story of some chefs who go on tour with big acts.
- Are you a Metallica superfan? Then read this.
- Would you pay US$4,000 for a Nirvana shirt from some fashion brand? If so, you have too much money.
- Wow, that’s high!
- Should we be boycotting movies in theatres during the actors/writers strike? Discuss.
BONUS: What if U2 were a pop-punk band? Then they might sound like this. (Via AT)