If you’re working from home Monday and Friday and going into the office the rest of the week, there’s a name for you: TWaT (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.) Haters gonna hate. Moving on to music news for July 7, 2022…
- Don’t worry. Carlos Santana is okay after collapsing onstage in Detroit.
- And Travis Barker is back at work in the studio after his pancreatitis scare last week.
- Silverchair’s Daniel isn’t going to jail for that drunk driving thing after all. He will have to serve community time, though.
- This one-of-a-kind Bob Dylan recording could sell for far beyond US$1 million. (Via Sean)
- Spotify is looking closely at a problem called “stream manipulation.”
- So that’s not Michael Jackson singing those songs?
- TikTok has this behind-the-scenes look at the ABBA virtual production in London.
- Looking to write music on an iPad? Here’s how.
- There’s now an immersive Prince exhibit in Chicago.
- Liam vs. Noel Gallagher, round 4,392.
- Tech item 1: Here’s the latest development in music that was created with the help of machine learning.
- Tech item 2: NFT record labels: The future of music?
- Tech item 3: This is what’s going on with live music in the Metaverse.
- Tech item 4: Want CarPlay in your older car? Read this.
- Tech item 5: Chinese streamer QQ Music now supports Dolby ATMOS. How many other streamers do that? Not sure, really.
BONUS: Behold Coldknot. (Via David)