If you’re looking for a nice summer wine, Tragically Hip Chardonnay is back.
Now some music news for July 9, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Metallica has donated another US$295,000 to COVID-19 relief efforts.
- Coronavirus update 2: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has canceled the 2020 live induction ceremony.
- Lady Antebellum changes their name to Lady A. A blues singer already using the name complains. Lady A(ntebellum) sues the blues singer.
- The next band to get into the jigsaw puzzle game is The Rolling Stones.
- Here’s Kanye’s presidential plan. First off, he opposes vaccines. Great.
- Toronto’s Rivoli, a great venue on Queen West, is for sale. Cheap, too.
- If you’re a musician or creative type looking to get your stuff out there online, there’s a new Canadian company called Artery that could help.
- Animated artwork for Apple Music is coming soon.
- If System of a Down existed in 1607, they would have probably sounded like this. (Via Larry)
- Spotify will no longer use the term “urban music.”
- Here’s an odd way to send a Zoom invitation. You’ll definitely freak people out.
- Got tinnitus? You might want to look at this.
- Mariah Carey has written a memoir. Ghost written? You think?
- Classy, Donald Trump. Really classy.
- Here’s more on the domestic abuse saga surrounding ex-Kasabian singer Tom Meighan.