Russian spy whales. They’re a thing. So is music news for June 1, 2023.
- Disturbed’s David Draiman had a tumor removed from a bone in his arm last week.
- Joe Trohman from Fall Out Boy is back in the band after taking a break to work on his mental health.
- The global head of music for TikTok sat down for some tough questions. Here’s what happened.
- Another detractor of AM radio has stepped forward.
- The Boss fall down go boom.
- Into emo? Better read this.
- Into the Tragically Hip? Try this podcast.
- This sounds like an interesting all-in-one concept.
- What will the song of the summer be for 2023? People are already handicapping the race.
- This dog is no Chester Bennington but you gotta admire his energy.
- A festival in Illinois (with headliner Ted Nugent) has been canceled over safety concerns.
- If Ed Sheeran ever wants to give up music, he may have a future as a bartender for bachelorette parties.
- Megan Thee Stallion: Potential WAG.
- Here are some excerpts from the new bio on doomed English folksinger Nick Drake. (Via Dave the Beekeeper)
- And there’s a new doc on Anita Pallenberg, scenester and Rolling Stones confidente. It’s pretty dark.
- Still jamming at age 104. (Via Tom)
BONUS: Well, this is different.