Are you a Millennial? Predictions are that you’ll have a tough midlife crisis. Here’s why. Now cheer yourself up with music news for June 15, 2023.
- Bad news for Canadian radio. Bell is laying off 1,300 people and either shutting down or selling off nine radio stations.
- RIP Blackie Onassis (real name: John Rowan), drummer for Urger Overkill.
- Are you watching the The Idol on HBO? The Weeknd’s character is being called a “douchebag.”
- Tool fans are not happy with…Tool.
- Snoop Dogg still believes that people are into NFTs.
- Moog, the legendary synthesizer manufacturer, has been sold.
- Kesha is still at war with producer Dr. Luke. She just won a big legal ruling.
- AI music generators are going to have an impact on the music industry. Please discuss.
- Peppa Pig has a new major label record deal.
- This crowd was REALLY into that song. (Via Greg)
- And this video of a Slipknot crowd shows that the band seems to be doing fine.
- Cardi B has finally settled her artwork court case.
- It looks like TikTok may have peaked in popularity. In fact, it may be on the downslope.
- This is some inside baseball stuff, but it’s still cool: Following the money in the saga of Taylor Swift’s master recordings.
BONUS: Atari is about to release a new cartridge for the 2600 system. It’s the first time since 1990 that a new game has been released for a game system that was first released in the late 70s. Apparently people are still playing these consoles.