Want to feel small and insignificant? Read this. Now come back to earth with music news for June 17, 2021.
- Let’s follow along with the auction of the David Bowie painting that was found in a Northern Ontario thrift shop.
- Noel Gallagher is open to selling his back catalogue of songs. I wonder how much he’d get for them?
- Prince and Rick James apparently did NOT like each other. See?
- Wait: There was a lost Elton John album?
- Here’s a cool video of Royal Blood working at Abbey Road. (Via Sean)
- Uh, there’s a difference between ANTIFA and the band Anthrax. But someone didn’t get it.
- “Why did rock stop being fun?” Discuss.
- “CreaTech: AI poetry and performative architecture.” Okay…
- People are spending US$1.7 billion per week on mobile games.
- A graphic novel on Motorhead is coming in September.
- A Black Sabbath escape room? Yep.
- The American recorded music industry is doing well–but still not as well as twenty years ago.
- That’s COLONEL Rob Halford now.
- Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider will be on Celebrity Family Feud this weekend.
- If you’re a fan of the Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson, you’ll be happy about this documentary.
Want more? Look here.